Sunday, August 14, 2011

Peace! I feel peace....

I came to my blog today thinking I should update, and I have a "Prayer For Today" widget at the top- here's what it said:

"Lord, may I remember that a setback does not mean utter defeat, but a mere retreat to store up strength and win the battle!" ~ My Prayer For Today

I just love it. Applies to both my son and myself as we each continue on these journeys we call life! I think the reason this prayer caught my attention is that it's been my prayer for my son this time around (and forever) that should he relapse-he seeks the help he needs instead of his usual pattern of falling deeper into the pit. For myself, if I feel old habits and anxieties start to creep in, I know what to do to get myself back on track of healthy thinking.

My son has been home for 3 weeks now, and doing really well. Things feel different this time. His actions are different. It is so darn awesome to be around him when he's sober! I have no false hopes or expectations, I live my life one day at a time. I'm so thankful for my time spent in the rooms of Nar-Anon Family Groups, ever grateful for my faith in God.

So, we will keep on keepin' on!
Blessings to all!


9 comments:

  1. I can feel the peace within your post. Wonderful. I continue to pray for both you and your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel it too :)

    Its so good to see a post from you, especially such an upbeat, positive one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed peace. Each day, that my son is alive, smiling and sober I am thankful.
    Rejoice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, lady ... it's been too long since I've dropped in. I'm so happy you are at peace and taking one day at a time. Enjoy every second. We never know what's around the corner, and each day has enough trouble of its own.

    For me, last Sunday I received a phone call that was totally unexpected, even though my dad had been battling illness. He passed away sitting in his chair. The past week has been a blur. Yesterday was his memorial service, and today I am trying to absorb the changes that have taken place in my life.

    Love, hugs, and prayers,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im feel blessed after reading this prayer. Im more inspired now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great to hear your son is doing well. Addiction touches the lives of everyone around. I hope your son continues to stay on the strait and narrow. If you ever feel like sharing some of your knowledge or insight on addiction, I work at a recovery center and we would love to hear from you. you can check out our Addiction Blog or our website at www.lifeworkscommunity.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!  I look forward to reading more of your writing in the future.
    http://www.kleantreatmentcenter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect
    closet-junkie101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can one defeat fixation? Could creating profound confidence help in sparing dependence casualties? Should liquor and medication recovery focuses incorporate the development of otherworldly confidence in their recovery projects and medicines? Drug Rehab Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete